20 Reasons You’ll Love Being a Dog Trainer
A list by dog trainers, for aspiring dog trainers!
“You’ll Love a Dog Trainer Career Because You…”
- Work with dogs and puppies every day!
- Get paid to do something you love
- Can be your own boss
- Feel every day as different and exciting – new dogs, new people, new places, new behaviors to train
- Get to be a teacher that people respect and listen to
- Make a positive difference in the lives of dogs who need you
- Get amazing positive feedback from dog owners who love you
- Strengthen your bond with your own dogs to a new level
- Learn how to train your own dogs and your own puppies to become great dogs
- Can read and understand dog communication in real time
- Spend more time outside (instead of behind a desk!)
- Work on so many interesting behavior cases and know how to solve them
- Can advance into specialized fields like service dogs, scent work, protection work, therapy dogs, canine sports, TV/movie training and more.
- Can see and decode subtle dog body language signals you never knew were there
- Connect with all dogs on a deeper level than ever before
- Can teach a dog tricks that will amaze even yourself
- Gain insight into all of the fascinating dog breeds
- Can start your own business, part-time or full-time – earn more money
- Make your own schedule, take time off when you want
- Never again have to wonder if that weird person in the dog park knows what he’s talking about – you’ll know!