The CATCH Difference
“I am personally available to work with students and show them how our unique approach, hands-on activities, and 7 Guiding Principles can make their dog training career a success. I am here to share everything I know as a trainer who has owned and run one of the most successful dog training businesses in New York City.”
–David Muriello, CPDT-KA, Director of CATCH Canine Trainers Academy
We are very enthusiastic about creating an incredible learning experience for you. There are so many things that make us different, we can hardly fit them all on one page. Compare us to others and you’ll see we’re not kidding. Then, give us a call, we can’t wait to meet you and hear about your goals!
What Makes CATCH Special?
- Hassle-Free, Instant Enrollment: we don’t charge you an application fee or box you into deadline windows. Just ask for an online application. With our fast turnaround, you can start studying on the same day you are accepted.
- We have a course for every dog lover, from our Core Skills course to the Master Class program. Options include the convenience of self-paced study with a mentor in your town or the intensive one-week workshops on our campus. You can even create a package that has all of the above. Check out our options for every budget and choose what’s best for you. Payment plans start at $89 a month.
- When you call, you talk to real, experienced dog trainers. Our Student Support is like no other. Ask us anything! We’d love to talk to you about your questions and goals. We pride ourselves on friendly, expert support that goes above and beyond. Read the feedback.
- We are here weekends and evenings – 7 days a week. You don’t want to get stuck with no support when you have a burning question. We love helping and teaching, and we’re here for you via phone or email, every day.
- We offer you a Personal Program Director and unlimited Student Support by phone and email throughout your entire course. You are always a name here, never a student ID number.
- We offer you a Mentor Trainer local to you for hands-on guidance. Plus, you get live training demos on video. Learning dog training is so much easier when you have great video demos to follow along with. Exclusive to CATCH Students: Our School Director has created a full series of videos where he trains dogs he’s never worked with before. He describes everything he’s doing so you can absorb these techniques right into your skill set.
- You will work with dogs in the very first phase of learning. Our unique hands-on activities reflect our commitment to learning by doing as a scientifically proven methodology.
- All CATCH courses are approved by the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers for continuing education units.
- You won’t need to pay for extra modules to learn critical skills like how to earn money teaching private lessons. With our programs, you will graduate with the skills for this and much more. Our certification goes far beyond a “dog obedience” course. It is a complete study of canine behavior and training, including total career preparation.
- We provide you with training equipment, plus your own Trainer’s Library, with Free Shipping right to your home.
- Complimentary Job and Business Consultation. All courses prepare you to earn money with your skills. For Master Class graduates, you will get a consultation that is totally personal to your needs and includes one-on-one coaching by phone with one of our experienced dog trainers: your Program Director or our School Director. Students must always gain positions based on their own merits, but we have extensive knowledge of the industry and connections all over the country which will be invaluable to you.
- Master Class graduates get complete lesson plans and training handouts for your own classes! These plans are proven to create great classes and are ready for you to use right away. You can add your own business name and logo to the handouts for a professional product to give your own clients.
- You will be prepared to earn the national CPDT certification. Ask us how our course sets you up to succeed for this additional impressive credential.
- We are dedicated to training and helping shelter dogs. This is a special part of our program that creates a huge win-win for dogs and students. Whether it’s time spent volunteering in a shelter as part of your learning experience, or joining one of the hands-on workshops where we train shelter dogs daily at our St. Hubert’s campus, we are committed to making a difference in the lives of these wonderful animals.
- We know our stuff, but we’re never stuffy, know-it-alls. We are a fun, dedicated team of animal lovers inviting you to be part of our passionate, successful community of dog trainers. Join us!
- State Licensure and Approval – we are a Government-Approved School and Education Program. Getting Certified by a State Licensed Program will set you apart from your competition and give you the confidence you need to succeed.