Advanced Study for Graduates & Experienced Dog Trainers
Advanced topic communities and courses are coming through our Digging Dogs program. Learn more about Digging Dogs here.
Pia Silvani One-on-One Learning
CATCH is partnered with internationally renowned trainer, Pia Silvani, to offer graduate-level training and behavior studies including internships and private consulting on your cases. These programs are designed to teach trainers high-level skills and to offer insight into areas of learning that are typically very hard to gain exposure to.
- Advanced study is open to graduates, mentor trainers, and students who have training experience.
- Phone or video chat will be available from anywhere in the country.
- Study opportunities include:
- Internships where you can sit-in on fear and aggression cases
- Getting help and a training plan for your own challenging cases
- Custom consults on a range of topics based on your goals
About Pia Silvani
Whether you are a CATCH student, graduate, or an experienced trainer in our mentor network, studying with Pia Silvani will take your skills to the next level. Pia was honored in 2010 by Bark magazine as one of the top 100 best and brightest people who changed the world of dogs. In its March 2010 issue, Bark wrote: “Pia Silvani turned her love of teaching people and dogs into an amazing career as an internationally recognized canine coach and one of the training and behavior world’s go-to people.” Pia has over 20 years of experience as a leader in our field. In 1994, she was named Director of Training and Behavior at the now world-famous St. Hubert’s Dog Training School. Under her leadership, St. Hubert’s has grown into one of the largest and most comprehensive training programs in the United States, with proceeds benefiting shelter dogs.
Pia’s progressive group class curriculum for fearful and aggressive dogs (Feisty Fidos) is one of the most successful and studied programs of its kind. To sum up her accomplishments, here’s a quote from the founder of the APDT (Association of Professional Dog Trainers), Dr. Ian Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS: “Pia Silvani is the best. I’ve admired her work for over 20 years. As one of the founders and innovators of the emerging field of reward-based, fun and games pet dog training, Pia has a wealth of practical experience. She is an internationally respected trainer of trainers in addition to working with people and their dogs.”
Members of the CATCH community will benefit from the invaluable mentoring and consulting opportunities that Pia Silvani offers. You’ll be happy to know that her teaching style is friendly, supportive and collaborative. CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers from all over the country can receive consultation in person, by phone, or video chat.
As a member of the CATCH community, you will receive exclusive discounts on all advanced study programs, including:
Internship: Sit-in on Fear and Aggression Cases
- See firsthand how an experienced behavior expert creates training plans for the most challenging cases.
- Each session is 90-120 minutes and includes discussion time with Pia after the private lesson with the client concludes.
- Standard tuition for one sit-in with discussion is $85 per session. This is offered at a special rate of $75 for CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers.
- A five-pack of sessions is also available. Standard tuition on the five-pack is $375. This is offered at a special rate of $340 ($67 per session – a fantastic rate) for CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers.
- Standard tuition for a three-month plan with up to 25 sessions is $2,500. This is offered at a special rate of $2,250 for CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers (save $250).
Customized Consultation – Build a New Skill Set or Get Help with a Challenging Case
- One-hour mentoring sessions are offered in person, by phone, or video chat.
- Topics can be wide-ranging – just ask! Popular topics include:
- Getting dogs to perform in real world situations (with or without food)
- Curriculum development – taking your standard classes to the next level, or developing a new curriculum such as a Feisty Fidos course
- Get help with a training plan for your most challenging case. You have the option for Pia to sit-in on your case with the client, if desired. Either way, once the details are understood, Pia will provide you with a training plan that you can carry out. It’s like referring your client to a behavior expert, but with the opportunity to learn and enact the training plan yourself. Follow up sessions are available, of course.
- Play group development – learn how to set up your play groups the right way: for safely and effectively socializing puppies as well as driving your business.
- Standard tuition for a customized consultation is $100-175 per session, depending on the topic and the time spent together. This is offered at a special rate of $85-155 for CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers.
- Standard tuition for a group consultation session (if you would like to learn with colleagues) is $50-75 per person. This is offered at a special rate of $45-65 per person for CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers.
We have designed these advanced learning programs to be flexible, supportive, and collaborative. From anywhere in the country, you now have access to another top-notch training and behavior expert that can make a difference in your career.
CATCH students, graduates, and mentor trainers – take advantage of this amazing resource and your exclusive tuition rates. If you are interested in booking an internship or a consult session with Pia, contact our friendly Student Support team to learn more. We are always here to help. If you have not yet taken a course with CATCH, ask us how you can start on your path to become a dog trainer and behavior professional today.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)