Our Mission: Be the Premier Dog Trainer School for You
Our mission is to provide aspiring dog trainers with a flexible, fun, and highly effective learning system. We will empower you with the skills to become a dog trainer who is ready to launch a successful career doing what you love every day while making a positive impact on the lives of dogs, their owners, and society.
To accomplish this mission, we maintain our focus on offering you:
- Engaging study materials presented in a logical, easy-to-follow sequence
- Step-by-step learning process to build skills gradually, and advance them to higher levels as you move through each phase
- Self-paced program that is available anywhere in the U.S. and can fit into any existing schedule
- Learning by doing philosophy that empowers you to learn many new skills hands-on. This increases your learning enjoyment and speed, based on the science of how the brain learns best.
- Curriculum that teaches effective, reward-based, force-free training methods that are based on the philosophies of nationally respected councils endorsing modern, science-based training methods: the APDT and CCPDT
- Friendly Student Support Team unlike any other dog trainer school. We are here to help you with any questions and needs you have, with your own personal Program Director, all available via a toll-free number
- Professional, experienced Mentor Trainers to give you feedback that will continually take your skills to the next level. Read about The CATCH Difference to see how we ensure you’re always paired up with a top Mentor Trainer.
- We offer free job and business consultations to Master Class graduates. This is totally personal to your needs and includes one-on-one coaching by phone with one of our experienced dog trainers: your Program Director or our School Director. Students must always gain positions based on their own merits, but we have extensive knowledge of the industry and connections all over the country which will be invaluable to you.
- Opportunity to help shelter dogs while you gain invaluable skills training them. (In addition to the time students spend working with shelter dogs, CATCH supports shelters by speaking at PetCo Foundation and Petfinder’s wonderful Adoption Options events, where dog rescue staff learn new skills from training and behavior experts.)