Online Dog Training Studies – Enhancing Education with a Modern Student Center added to Traditional Learning
We are excited to be at the forefront of an education revolution. In addition to time spent with a mentor and a beautiful set of printed materials and videos, your course of study includes access to our online Student Center, filled with custom videos and interactive questions. Our course combines online dog trainer modules with traditional hands-on work, and this is very popular with our students. Online education programs continue to grow in popularity across many disciplines, and with good reason. Research shows that online education adds tremendous value when compared to traditional face-to-face schooling. The CATCH online dog trainer center gives you the advantage of convenience and flexibility (study with an interactive quiz or watch a video anywhere), while your online/printed Study Guide and hands-on experiences provide you with practical learning and guided mentorship. This combination provides the best of both online education and experiential learning.
Research from the U.S. Department of Education and Additional Resources:
- In their summary on the Use of Technology in Teaching and Learning, The U.S. Department of Education wrote, “Technology ushers in fundamental structural changes that can be integral to achieving significant improvements in productivity. Used to support both teaching and learning, technology infuses classrooms with digital learning tools, such as computers and hand held devices; expands course offerings, experiences, and learning materials; supports learning 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; builds 21st century skills; increases student engagement and motivation; and accelerates learning. Technology also has the power to transform teaching by ushering in a new model of connected teaching. This model links teachers to their students and to professional content, resources, and systems to help them improve their own instruction and personalize learning.“4
- According to the U.S. Department of Education, online classes aren’t just an acceptable alternative to traditional education; they can help students perform better. “Students in online conditions performed modestly better, on average, than those learning the same material through traditional face-to-face instruction.”
- Purdue Global University wrote this in their summary on Traditional Classroom versus Online Education: “Online education is becoming a more appealing option for many students. While on-campus enrollment saw slight year-over-year declines from 2014 to 2016, online enrollments saw increases… The convenience and flexibility of online learning allows you to study any time, virtually anywhere you have an internet connection. It’s an ideal solution for people with demanding work schedules and family obligations. In many situations, you can pause the content or go back to a portion to refresh your memory. This is incredibly helpful when you need to spend extra time on a challenging topic.”5
- “People have tended to view online education as a more convenient and flexible education option to traditional classes. And while those things are true, online education is starting to look a lot more promising for improving education outcomes…” 1
- “…College presidents are ahead of the curve, with a recent Pew Poll reporting that a majority of college presidents feel that online university options offer the same value as traditional classroom courses.” 1, 3
The CATCH Professional Dog Trainers Course blends beautiful printed materials and videos with online learning, hands-on activities and personal mentorship to maximize the student experience and development of critical skills.
1- Langley, Jesse. (Nov, 2011) Edudemic.com The Changing Perception of Online Education
2 – Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning, A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies, U.S. Department of Education.
3 – Pew Research Center Publications (Aug, 2011)
4 – Use of Technology in Teaching and Learning, U.S. Department of Education
5 – Traditional Classroom versus Online Education, Purdue Global University