Body Language, Behavior, and Problem Solving Skills Workshop
Dive Deep into Canine Behavior, Hands-On with Shelter Dogs & Pro Coaches
“This last week was amazing. Being surrounded by a terrific group of people and getting your direction and guidance, I came home eager to apply myself to finding a job working with dogs right away. I have been impacted tremendously. A huge applaud to you and St. Hubert’s for changing one life, one paw, one dream at a time! THANK YOU!” – Heather D., Fall 2016 Graduate
This workshop is ideal for dog lovers and industry pros who want to experience hands-on study of dog behavior from learning to “speak dog” to planning and practicing behavior solutions with the shelter dogs!
Observing dog behavior with a keen eye for details and then being able to: interpret what you see, analyze behavior, and make effective predictions. Facial expressions, body movement, intentions and emotions will all be covered.
- Handling dogs on and off leash (play groups) while making fast decisions based on the behaviors you are seeing. We will study dog-to-dog behavior from greetings to off-leash interactions. We will run play groups where you learn how to tell the difference between play and conflict and become a better handler, making good decisions for safety and progressive socialization.
- Understanding how dogs interpret human body language (yours), and learning how to move like a professional handler with both confident and fearful dogs. This makes a huge difference in both safety and effective leadership with dogs and clients alike.
- Taking a professional and systematic approach to behavior problem solving. How to look at all factors that could be considered causes or triggers, how to apply management, how to apply behavior modification.
- Writing behavior problem solving plans for actual cases in the shelter. Hands-on application of your plan with follow-through on management and behavior modification techniques.
- Understanding when and how you will want to use associative learning and behavior-consequence learning as part of your plan, all using force-free, reward based methodology.
For Dates and Details click here.Download a detailed course catalog for the Body Language, Behavior, and Problem Solving Skills Workshop here.
Call to ask us about details and payment plans, or Fill out your Quick Application now.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)