Level 2 Workshop: A Week of Working Behavior Cases
“The amount of knowledge I gained in just one week is invaluable to me. Being able to work hands on with the dogs each day to apply what we learned in class – and get real time feedback from the instructors really tied the learning process together. The method of teaching made for a super comfortable atmosphere for all of us to learn in. Not only did I learn a ton of information, I had a great time doing it!” – Bob B., Spring 2018 Graduate
This workshop is ideal for dog lovers and industry pros who want a deep dive into behavior cases, both with the dogs in front of you and through presentations of real case studies from accomplished professionals. Get hands-on experience taking the topics taught in our other two workshops (training & behavior skills) and applying them at a more advanced level.
This is a level 2 workshop, so students must have prior basic training experience or have graduated from one of the following two CATCH workshops: Professional Training Skills or Body Language, Behavior, & Problem Solving. If you have completed one of the above, but not both, we will ask you about your studies and experience in the topics of the other workshop.
- Get Assigned Behavior Cases – dogs with challenging issues that can be improved through training over the course of the week: Devise and document your management plan or behavior modification plan
- Assess and build various motivators/rewards: Human-dog play; teach a dog to tug with release cue; teach a dog to fetch (full retrieve sequence).
- Taking a professional and systematic approach to behavior problem solving. How to look at all factors that could be considered causes or triggers, how to apply management, how to apply behavior modification.
- Presentations of our professional trainers’ actual case studies so you can learn new ideas and gain deeper understanding of how to apply them in real situations.
- Understanding when and how you will want to use associative learning and behavior-consequence learning as part of your plan, all using force-free, reward-based methodology.
- Advanced Training: Get assigned a core set of behaviors to train based on the needs of the dog; train to a specific standard including generalization for multiple environments and situations; document your baseline and progressive steps as you and the dog advance; demonstrate proof of generalization
- Creating handouts for help with common problems: Info sheet; worksheet/checklist for client
Examples of Common Behavior Challenges We May Work On:
- Leash aggression/reactivity to other dogs
- Loose leash walking
- Fear issues
- Resource guarding
- Coming when called off leash outdoors
- Focus on handler around distractions
- Impulse control issues
For Dates and Details click here.Download a detailed course catalog for the A Week of Working Behavior Cases Workshop here.
Call to ask us about details and payment plans, or Fill out your Quick Application now.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)