Level 2 Workshop: A Week of Working Behavior Cases
“The amount of knowledge I gained in just one week is invaluable to me. Being able to work hands on with the dogs each day to apply what we learned in class – and get real time feedback from the instructors really tied the learning process together. The method of teaching made for a super comfortable atmosphere for all of us to learn in. Not only did I learn a ton of information, I had a great time doing it!” – Bob B., Spring 2018 Graduate
This workshop is ideal for dog lovers and industry pros who want a deep dive into behavior cases, both with the dogs in front of you and through presentations of real case studies from accomplished professionals. Get hands-on experience taking the topics taught in our other two workshops (training & behavior skills) and applying them at a more advanced level.
This is a level 2 workshop, so students must have prior basic training experience or have graduated from one of the following two CATCH workshops: Professional Training Skills or Body Language, Behavior, & Problem Solving. If you have completed one of the above, but not both, we will ask you about your studies and experience in the topics of the other workshop.
- Get Assigned Behavior Cases – dogs with challenging issues that can be improved through training over the course of the week: Devise and document your management plan or behavior modification plan
- Assess and build various motivators/rewards: Human-dog play; teach a dog to tug with release cue; teach a dog to fetch (full retrieve sequence).
- Taking a professional and systematic approach to behavior problem solving. How to look at all factors that could be considered causes or triggers, how to apply management, how to apply behavior modification.
- Presentations of our professional trainers’ actual case studies so you can learn new ideas and gain deeper understanding of how to apply them in real situations.
- Understanding when and how you will want to use associative learning and behavior-consequence learning as part of your plan, all using force-free, reward-based methodology.
- Advanced Training: Get assigned a core set of behaviors to train based on the needs of the dog; train to a specific standard including generalization for multiple environments and situations; document your baseline and progressive steps as you and the dog advance; demonstrate proof of generalization
- Creating handouts for help with common problems: Info sheet; worksheet/checklist for client
Examples of Common Behavior Challenges We May Work On:
- Leash aggression/reactivity to other dogs
- Loose leash walking
- Fear issues
- Resource guarding
- Coming when called off leash outdoors
- Focus on handler around distractions
- Impulse control issues
For Dates and Details click here.Download a detailed course catalog for the A Week of Working Behavior Cases Workshop here.
Call to ask us about details, payment plans and the Ready to Roll Discount or Fill out your Quick Application now.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)