Professional Dog Training Skills Workshop:
Train Any Behavior, Get Lasting Results
“The one-on-one training and coaching was invaluable to the learning process, and this week long course completely provided that for me.” – Tracy A., Fall 2016 Graduate
This workshop is ideal for dog lovers and industry pros alike who want hands-on study in the complete process of training any behavior from getting the dog to learn the first moves to fading lures and generalizing performance to all situations, including distracting environments.
Techniques for building any behavior from scratch: basic to advanced obedience, tricks and more. Luring, prompting, shaping, capturing, and targeting will all be covered.
- Creating the steps of your training plan and thinking fast to modify them during training sessions. You will learn how to make good decisions that keep the dog focused and progressing quickly.
- Reward selection and diversification, knowing the priority motivator in any given situation and how to deal with distractions
- How to fade the lure; When to add the cue; When and how to change schedules of reinforcement
- Markers, timing; the difference between praise and a marker and when to use each one
- Mechanical skills: reward delivery, reward placement, leash handling and body positioning
- Verbal cues (naming behaviors) and physical cues (hand signals); Teaching a dog to discriminate and putting a behavior on stimulus control
- Advancing behaviors to higher levels of difficulty: the right way to add parameters like distance, duration and distraction
- Keeping behaviors strong for lasting results and generalizing performance to many different situations and environments
For Dates and Details click here.Download a detailed course catalog for the Pro Training Skills Workshop here.
Call to ask us about details and payment plans, or Fill out your Quick Application now.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)