Dog Trainer Workshops
One-Week, Hands-On, In-Person Coaching Every Day
“Impeccable curriculum and hands-on experience with dogs and mentoring – I give it a 10.” – Greg S., Fall 2015 Graduate
“10!!! Working the dogs with awesome coaching helped me refine my leash handling and dog training techniques… and I expanded my contacts in the dog training world. Thank you!” – Laurie S., Summer 2016 Graduate
Currently Enrolling for Two Different Workshops:
- Professional Dog Training Skills | Train Any Behavior, Get Lasting Results
- Body Language, Behavior, and Problem Solving Skills – NEW
The CATCH Workshop Experience:
- 1-week in-person, working dogs every day
- On-site at our modern training facilities and shelter campuses around the country
- Earn a certificate to showcase your skills
- Complete your workshop as a standalone achievement or in combination with any full-length CATCH course
- Totally immersive hands-on training where we provide many different dogs for you to practice with
- You will be coached and evaluated by expert trainers to build your skills in a fun, supportive setting
- Workshops are limited to 12 total slots for a personalized, intimate learning experience
- Submit your Quick Application here.
Download a detailed course catalog for the Body Language, Behavior, and Problem-Solving Skills Workshop here.
“Informative, practical and concise, with plenty of hands-on time training the dogs to apply the concepts. This was an incredibly supportive and friendly atmosphere that allowed for great learning opportunities throughout the week.” – Kristina W., Spring 2017 Graduate
Get ready to eat, sleep, and breathe dogs.
If you are looking for an in-depth learning experience alongside a world-class team of trainers, then the hands-on workshops are for you. Upon completion of your program, you will receive a frameable certificate highlighting your studies and accomplishments.
Every day we will be doing hands-on training work with a wide variety of dogs. (Take a look at these videos to see the type of work you will be doing and the difference it makes in the lives of the dogs.)
Welcome to the world’s most fascinating classroom, where lead instructors like David Muriello, CPDT-KA, CCDT (CATCH Founder and seven-year Director of Training for the biggest dog care business in New York City), Pia Silvani, CPDT-KA, CCBC (named one of the top 100 best and brightest people who changed the world of dogs by Bark Magazine), and Ferdie Yau, CPDT-KA (wildlife biologist and animal trainer who has trained polar bears, sea lions, and primates in addition to dogs)… will guide you through a week of intense skill-building and knowledge discovery. Upon completion of this workshop, you will earn a certificate and be ready to make an impact on the dog world with an impressive skill set to put behind your passion.
Dates and Details
- Who: Each session is limited to 12 students, making this an intimate and personalized learning experience. Dog lovers, aspiring trainers, and established professionals from all over the world are welcome.
- What: Modern, science-based, force-free training with positive reinforcement techniques that are used to quickly build reliable behaviors from basic to advanced obedience.
- Where: The workshops are on-site at outstanding dog training campuses around the country, such as the new and renowned St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center in Madison, NJ (45 minutes from New York City), Hearts & Paws Training Center in Austin, TX, The Canine Campus in Hubbard, OH, and Applause Your Paws in Miami, FL. Ask us about the many accommodations and housing opportunities, including student dorms with wifi at some locations.
- When: Each 1-week workshop is Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm*
- Professional Dog Training Skills: Train Any Behavior, Get Lasting Results
- March 13 – 17, 2017 | Madison, NJ – SOLD OUT
- June 19 – 23, 2017 | Madison, NJ – Newly Announced and Filling – Get in touch!
- July 10 – 14, 2017 | Miami, FL – Newly Announced!
- July 17 – 21, 2017 | Hubbard, OH – Newly Announced!
- Body Language, Behavior, and Problem Solving Skills
- April 24 – 28, 2017 | Madison, NJ – SOLD OUT – Ask for Waiting List
- August 14 – 18, 2017 | Madison, NJ – Four Spots Left – Get in touch!
- Fill out your Quick Application for any of the above dates here.
- More dates to be announced soon, ask us about getting on the waiting list.
- Looking to start right away? Ask us about specially priced packages to start a program in your hometown before your on-campus experience begins.
- CEUs: If you are seeking to earn continuing education units for certified trainers with CPDT-KA or KSA, contact Student Support so we can arrange that for you.
- Enrollment is currently limited to 12 students.
- $1,990 includes all course materials and equipment needed. We will provide the dogs, study guide, training tools, demonstrations, and coaching. Just bring your passion to learn!
- CATCH will also provide plenty of snacks throughout each day.
- Payment plans are available during the pre-enrollment period. Ask us for details.
- Housing: Ask us about the many local lodging options for any location you are interested in. For NJ workshops, private dorm rooms are available with wireless internet, comfortable study lounges, and a shared kitchen for only $44 per night.
Our Student Support Team is here to answer all your questions about this workshop or any of the self-paced programs you can complete in your own town.
Call to ask us about details, payment plans and the Ready to Roll Discount or Fill out your Quick Application now.
Call 877.752.2824 (877.75.CATCH)